Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Week


Hello Bloggers,
There is a lot, yet not much to write about this week... but I thought this time I'd give you some snippets from my journal this past week...
"Coming into this week i feel beat down. I see i'm starting to believe a lot of lies again and look to man's approval. But often times, a leader doesn't receive man's approval or even recognition. So I know i need to worry more about walking in the will of the Lord"
"I'm tired and I realize I've been sitting here allowing the enemy to tell me lies and I've been believe them in many ways... So I'm gonna have to start speaking truth to myself hard core. I find myself wanting to go home, wanting to find approval in guys, wanting to do everything but turn to Jesus. I really do want Him to be my one desire"
"So, yesterday I had my one-on-one with Tilt. It was good and challenging...exposing parts of myself that need to change. Like, I haven't been giving my all or my best the past couple of weeks. I know I need to do that. Honestly, Lord, I don't want to because I don't FEEL like it... Shame, huh?"

So that was the sum of the beginning of my week... Sunday through Wednesday. After that I just prayed continually that the Lord would help me to die to myself and move out of the way. Its amazing that once I took the focus off myself, my energy started coming back, I felt refreshed, and like I was not doing things of the flesh. The end of my week was so much better than the beginning of my week and I am actually looking forward to week 9, 10, and 11 where I wasn't before hand.

For those of you reading, if you could just continue to lift myself and my fellow co-workers up in prayer... this here is the final stretch. We're almost done with the summer but not quite, so we need to remember that and live like that. Also, pray that I would not forget the things and lessons I've learned here at camp. But I would carry them on and continue to grow. While Pine Cove is a greenhouse for me spiritually, I pray that I would continue to thrive and grow in my natural habitation as well.

Sorry this isn't super long, I've got to go. Oh, but my family is going to be at the Woods camp this week, so I'm super excited to get to see them this week!!!

In Him,
Raychel

No comments: